Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cake Decorating Class


Practicing cake decorating is another one of my New Year's Resolutions that falls into the "just do it" category.  I knew I'd need some structure in order to really practice, so I did some on-line research and found Wilton Cake Decorating courses.  Several were supposed to be starting soon at local craft stores.  I assumed I would register on-line and then show up for the first class.  But it took a little more effort to just do it, for one needs to register in person in the store.  Well, I guess I am fortunate to live between two sets of Michaels and ACMoores.  I went to the closest of the four stores first, but was told that their schedule for class times was not yet available. At the second store there was only one other person registered for the class so there was the distinct possibility that it will not run this month.  Finally, at the third store, I was able to sign up!  I'm very excited and already have some tools ready to go, although my instructions say we only need to bring paper and pen for the first class!  Have you taken these classes before and what suggestions do you have on how to get the most out of the course?

No comments: