Monday, February 1, 2010

Operation Baking GALS, round 16

Today, February 1, is the first day of shipping for this round of Operation Baking GALS.  This is a wonderful organization that I have been involved with since last summer both as a team leader and a volunteer baker.  We bake homemade goodies for troops serving overseas.  It's great to be able to share by sending a little taste of home as a way of thanking those protecting our country.


This month I joined a team baking for a woman serving in Afghanistan.  She is in a medical group, working at an aid station in Shindand and loves chocolate so I thought that was a good match for me!  I have not started baking but the time frame for shipping this month is until Feb. 17 so I have a some time.  I'll post pictures before I send my boxes.  If you're interested in joining this organization you can check out their web-site or let me know if you have any questions or just want some more information.

From their website:
Baking GALS (GALS stands for Give A Little Support) is a group of volunteer bakers from around the country who bake and ship homemade goodies to our heroic military men and women who are currently deployed in a war zone. Our goal is to show our support and send a little bit of home to remind them that we appreciate all that they do for our freedom.

No comments: