Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fondant Elephant!

Last night was my third time playing with fondant!  I joined The Philadelphia Cake Decorators Club and we made fondant or gum paste elephants.  It's a nice group- they say that they are of all levels of experience, but everyone seemed a lot more comfortable and familiar with fondant than I am (haven't touched gum paste yet).  They were very welcoming and
I'm thrilled to be learning, just hope there is something that I might be able to eventually share with them.  And with more snow today, my Wilton class tonight will probably be canceled again--this may be turning into the longest 4 week class ever.  I was looking forward to learning how to work with Royal Icing, but that may have to wait until next week.

Anyway, my elephant is about  2 1/2" and a bit awkward to say the least, but hopefully you knew what it was before reading the title or text!  She's looking out the window watching more snow fall!  Let me know if you are interested in hearing more about The Philadelphia Cake Decorators Club.








No comments: