Thursday, July 29, 2010

cupcake info

What's baking?
Didn't get to describe the cupcakes in the last post.  These were so much fun to make!  Most of the ideas were found while browsing the web including the cake recipe.  It is Billy's Vanilla cupcakes posted on
a few different sites including MarthaStewart and 52cupcakes.  Then I added a chocolate filling, topped with buttercream icing and decorated with jelly beans, marshmallows etc.  Other sites where I found ideas were bystephanielynn, yoyomax12, cupcakeaholic and, of course, cakecentral.  I've heard that a lot of these cupcakes may also be in the book Hello Cupcake, but I have not seen it yet (on my to-do list).  I made these cupcakes as the samples for a demo I did for my cake club.  We had fun decorating and then donated them to the Ambulance Association in exchange for use of their meeting space.  Let me know if you have any questions about any of these and I'd love to hear about your cupcake creations, too!

No comments: